- 14 oz can of organic pinto beans
- 14 oz can of organic garbanzo beans
- 1 Red Onion finely diced
- 2 Bell Peppers I used red and orange -diced
- 10 Celery sticks diced
- 1 cup fresh Cillantro minced
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Ginger (adjust to taste)
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric (adjust to taste)
- 1/8 tsp Cumin (adjust to taste)
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds optional
- Drain and rinse the beans, allow to air dry for a few minutes.
- In the meantime dice onion, bell peppers, celery, and cilantro.
- Place all ingredient into a large bowl.
- Add the beans, juice of the lemon, lime, olive oil and spices.
- Stir together and top with sunflower seeds.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes or longer before serving.
- You can keep this salad in airtight containers in your refrigerator for up to five days (it won’t get soggy - I promise!)
Tara Abram is a designer, photographer, advocate for wellness and lifestyle coach. She is passionate about helping busy and overwhelmed moms that are wanting to transition themselves and their family’s to a more holistic way of living and design a beautiful healthy lifestyle. She focuses on the areas of mind, body, and the environment that surrounds you. Learn more at www.juicylivingbydesign.com.
This recipe appeared in the August/September 2017 issue of Elements For A Healthier Life Magazine on page 55; recipe and photograph by Tarah Abram.
Subscribe to UnBox Your Kitchen Journal and we’ll deliver recipes, kitchen tips and food articles to your inbox!