- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots (medium size) shredded
- 3 celery stalks finely sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 6 cups spinach, fresh
- 1 14-ounce can lentils rinsed and drained
- 1 14-ounce can pinto or black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups brown or wild rice (cooked
- 1/2 cup basil leaves chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated old cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs beaten (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1-2 large tomato sliced then halved
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions or scallions chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce into a blender or food processor and pulse until "chunky". Set aside.
- In a skillet add a drizzle of olive oil and add the onion, carrot, celery and sauté for 3 - 5 minutes until soft. Then set aside. In the same skillet add the spinach for about 3 minutes until it wilts, then cool, squeeze out the excess water, chop and add to the veggie mixture.
- Add the lentils, pinto beans, rice, corn, basil, eggs, salt, pepper, half the cheddar and 1 cup of sauce to the mixture. Then pack into a 9x13 glass bake dish and place the sliced tomatoes on top. Add remaining cheddar.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, let cool for 10 and serve with the remaining sauce. Servings 6-8
Tara Abram is a designer, photographer, advocate for wellness and lifestyle coach. She is passionate about helping busy and overwhelmed moms that are wanting to transition themselves and their family’s to a more holistic way of living and design a beautiful healthy lifestyle. She focuses on the areas of mind, body, and the environment that surrounds you. Learn more at www.juicylivingbydesign.com.