Butternut Squash Soup
- Small crockpot
- 1 medium butternut squash pealed and cubed
- 1/2 onion chunked
- 2 gloves garlic chopped
- 1 rib celery sliced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 32 oz chicken broth
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Chop onion and saute in skillet with butter or olive oil. Add chopped garlic. Cook until lightly brown. Add to small crockpot.
- Peal and chop butternut squash into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces. Place in crockpot.
- Place sliced carrots and celery, herbs and seasonings into crockpot.
- Add enough broth to cover the vegetables (approximately 3 to 4 cups)
- Cook for 5 to 6 hours, or until vegetables are tender.