Let’s Talk Bananas!
I am finding inspiration for the UnBox Your Kitchen Podcasts [podcast unavailable] in unexpected and fun ways. Today’s episode is a great example. On Monday, July 24th, I posted the following on the UnBox Your Kitchen Facebook closed group:
“Bananas were on sale and you couldn’t resist buying a lot of
them and now they’re getting too ripe. What do you do with them?”
I was surprised by the responses. I expected to see banana bread on top of the list. The popular reply was to freeze them!
In episode #006 Let’s Talk Bananas I share:
- what I do with overripe bananas
- more responses from the group members
- two banana ice cream recipes
- my family’s Banana Bread
Grandma's Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup walnuts optional
- 3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease two bread pans; set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix the sugar, shortening, sour cream, baking soda, eggs and salt until blended. Stir in bananas. Slowly add flour (and optional nuts) and mix.
- Pour half of the batter into one bread pan, and rest of batter into the second pan.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Cool on baking rack.
- Slice and serve.
Thank you for joining me in my virtual kitchen. Stay connected by subscribing to the UnBox Your Kitchen Journal.
We would love to hear from you!
Share with us in the comment section below how you enjoy bananas.
[ctt template=”2″ link=”2c9P9″ via=”yes” ]Let’s Talk Bananas! #UnBoxYourKitchen #Podcast with #Recipes [/ctt]