My man loves to cook and experiment with flavors in his creations. The tell-tale sound of the nightly news and chopping signals he’s up to something in the kitchen! Knowing I love portobello mushrooms, artichokes and black olives, he created Stuffed Portobello Caps, my new favorite dish! It has a distinct Mediterranean flavor, especially if you add the feta cheese (yes, please!).
You'll find this dish to be a filling main course or great side dish with fish or chicken.
This is a vegetarian dish; vegan if you leave out the feta cheese.
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps (hollowed out)
- 1/2 yellow pepper diced
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/4 can sliced black olives
- 1/4 can quartered artichoke hearts sliced
- Chopped mushrooms (using the fill from the caps if you hollowed them out, otherwise, 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms)
- 1/2 medium sweet onion diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles (*optional)
- Olive oil
- Vegetable Seasoning
- Combine all above ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle olive oil over top. Season with salt and pepper, or your favorite vegetable seasoning. Stir to combine well. Scoop mixture into mushroom caps.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Serves 2 (2 caps each as an entree) or 4 (1 cap as a side).
Author: Tae Lynne is an international best-selling author of Green Smoothies to the Rescue and a collaborative author in two best-selling collaborative books. Forced to slow down by chronic illness, Tae discovered her true purpose as the Kindness Junkie. She shares her journey of loss, healing, and motivation on her blog at 60SecondsToKindness.com. She lives outside of Philadelphia, PA with her partner and dog.
This recipe appeared in the May 2016 issue of Elements For A Healthier Life Magazine on page 30; recipe and photograph by Tae Lynne. View the May 2016 issue.
Get recipes and food articles in your inbox! Subscribe to UnBox Your Kitchen Newsletter.